Hindi Cinema, which is also known as Bollywood is something which people look up to for many things. Any fashion trend adapted by superstars on screen often become viral off-screen. This kind of fan following is possible in Hindi Cinema only because of the huge audience.
Indian viewers follow their ideal actors religiously. We tend to mimic what actors do on screen and marriages are also no different. Bollywood loves wedding movies and this trend is not new to us, since ages we have been witnessing many Bollywood wedding movies. Indian Cinema has affected Indian wedding celebrations to a great extent. A lot of dress ideas, jewelry ideas, dance step for wedding performance, etc, are inspired by trending Bollywood movies at that time.
Following are the top Bollywood movies which are our favourite wedding-themed movies:-
- Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani – Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani which is also known are YJHD, is one of the most powerful movies in terms of emotions. The second half of the movie is all about weddings. All the actors in this movie did justice to the role given to them.
- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge – No wedding dance is complete without playing at least one DDLJ song. This is one of the biggest hits of Bollywood which depicted Punjabi weddings very accurately.
- Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya- Alia’s acting coupled with her cuteness and her dresses gave a major bride goal to all the ladies out there.
- Tanu Weds Manu – How can a wedding-themed movies list be completed without Tanu Weds Manu in it. Both parts of the movie are based on the wedding.
- Band Baaja Baaraat- Starring Anushka Sharma and Ranveer Singh Band Baaja Baaraat was a huge success in cinemas. The entire movie is based around weddings. The songs of this film helped it to become so popular among Indian audience.